WJER Radio in Dover, Ohio is seeking candidates for a full-time position in our sales and marketing department. Please share this with any strong, proven prospects who may be interested in this exciting opportunity in the broadcast industry.
JOB TITLE: Account Executive
STATUS: Full-time with benefits to include paid holidays and vacation, employer-subsidized health insurance, 401k, paid vacation
SALARY: Primarily commission-based position with base guaranteed equivalent to Ohio minimum wage requirements.
Develop and maintain successful marketing campaigns for businesses in Tuscarawas and surrounding counties utilizing the broadcast, print, digital, and outdoor advertising tools available through WJER.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Identify emerging markets to find new sales opportunities
- Research and qualify prospects
- Prepare, implement, and track sales and marketing strategies
- Convert prospects into customers.
- Develop creative marketing ideas to help local small businesses thrive.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBLITIES
- Be efficient and organized
- Create effective promotions including commercial writing and production
- Integrate yourself between departments within our company
- May be asked to attend evening/weekend/holiday events such as parades, fairs and festivals to represent station
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Microsoft Office 365 programs
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are required
- Creative brainstorming and presenting ideas which will contribute to the success of the entire sales team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects
- Good presentation, negotiation, organizational, collaborative, and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or 2-4 years’ experience in media sales/marketing strongly preferred
- Experience as a proven leader
- Comprehension of marketing strategies including digital, event, outdoor, and broadcast
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including public speaking engagements
- Broadcast writing and production experience
Office setting, some off-site outdoor events, business casual attire, lifting up to 50 pounds. Must pass drug and background screening.
Within Tuscarawas County and surrounding counties with occasional trips for professional development. Mileage is reimbursed for work-related trips outside of Tuscarawas County. Must provide own reliable transportation.
Send resume with cover letter to:
Dover, OH 44622
No phone calls or drop-ins please. Questions should be directed to email.
WJER is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. WJER prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. WJER conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
WJER Radio is always looking for quality broadcast personnel with experience in either on air work or sales and marketing. If you would like to be considered for employment at WJER, please send resumé to:
WJER Radio, Inc.
Dover, Ohio 44622
Email Resumé: firstname.lastname@example.org
WJER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
EEO Public File Report 6/1/20 – 5/31/21
EEO Public File Report 6/1/19 – 5/31/20
EEO Public File Report 6/1/18 – 5/31/19
EEO Public File Report 6/1/17 – 5/31/18
EEO Public File Report 6/1/16 – 5/31/17
EEO Public File Report 6/1/15 – 5/31/16