NEW PHILADELPHIA (WJER) (January 24, 2022) – The Tuscarawas County Chamber of Commerce has announced the 2021 businesses, citizens and volunteers who are recipients of the Chamber’s 62nd annual awards. Chamber President Scott Robinson says they’re presenting the awards virtually again this year. He is recognizing the winners on the Chamber’s Facebook page this week with a series of video interviews, starting with Volunteer of the Year Andrea Miley of the Commercial & Savings Bank.
“She regularly attends our Business After Hours events. She volunteers at our annual golf outing,” he said. “She’s a member of our governance council. She also serves as our first vice chairman of our chamber board. That’s just what she does Chamber-wise. She’s involved in a lot of other community activities and organizations as well.”
Miley volunteers on the boards and committees for Leadership Tuscarawas, the House of Hope: Rebuilding Lives capital campaign for a new homeless shelter, and the Convention and Visitors’ Bureau.
Other winners include:
- Hall of Fame recipient Steve Schillig;
- Citizen of the Year KSU Tusc Dean Bradley Bielski;
- Large Business of the Year Trinity Health System Twin City Medical Center;
- Small Business of the Year Triple “S” Energy;
- Organization of the Year The Dover-New Philadelphia Kiwanis Club; and
- Educator of the Year Tusky Valley High School Teacher Laura Lindon.
Tusky Valley Superintendent Mark Murphy nominated Lindon.
“When we learned about this opportunity, [Mrs. Lindon was] the first person that our team collectively felt that it was appropriate to recommend,” he said.
They will be featured on videos on the Chamber of Commerce Facebook page throughout the week.