DOVER (WJER) (June 9, 2023) – The first round of summer paving begins Monday.
Mayor Shane Gunnoe says the city had budgeted $650,000, a little less than last year’s record amount. He says that could go up later this summer depending on income tax collections.
This first round of paving is on the west side on and around West 13th to West 16th streets. The list of streets is below.
Gunnoe says for the second round he wants the city to pave the streets just west of downtown. He says he’s committed to paving West 3rd and West 4th streets from Tuscarawas Avenue to Commercial Parkway.
Meanwhile, crews will begin extending new waterlines to two locations with the hopes of making those areas more attractive to developers.
Gunnoe says the first project, set to start at the end of the month, is on the north side extending to the proposed industrial park.
The other project, expected to start later this summer, will extend a waterline under the Tuscarawas River to state Route 39 between Dover and New Philadelphia.
“[We will] create loop there to ensure reliability for residents and sufficient water supply for additional growth in that area in the future.”
Gunnoe says the city paying for the waterline projects with federal funds from the American Recovery Act. The cost is just over $1 million.
FIRST ROUND OF PAVING STARTING JUNE 12TH
- Evergreen Drive
- Parkdale Drive – 12th Street to Parkview Drive
- West 16th Street – Wooster Avenue to Walnut Street
- West 16th Street – Walnut Street to Chestnut Street
- West 15th Street – Wooster Avenue to Walnut Street
- West 15th Street – Walnut Street to Davis Street
- Dover Avenue – 16th Street to 15th Street
- Chestnut Street – Dead end to 15th Street
- Chestnut Street – to cul-de-sac
- Oak Street – off of 15th Street
- West 14th Street – Wooster Avenue to Walnut Street
- West 14th Street – Walnut Street to Chestnut Street
- West 14th Street – Chestnut Street to dead end
- West 13th Street – Wooster Avenue to Walnut Street
- West 13th Street – Walnut Street to Chestnut Street
- West 13th Street – Chestnut Street to dead end
- Dover Avenue – 14th Street to 13th Street